The Bowes Museum welcomes groups and coaches, and has a dedicated Groups Co-ordinator to help you plan a fantastic day out.
There are many advantages to booking in a group*, including:
- Discounted admission rate of £7.00 per person, for groups of 12 or more.
- Free admission for your group organiser
- Free admission and a Café Bowes voucher for your coach driver
- Complimentary guided tour for your group
- Free coach parking on hard standing
- Free preview visit for you and a guest
Groups of 20 or more can also enjoy private dining in one of our well appointed function rooms- please browse our delicious menu here. Groups are also welcome to visit Café Bowes at their leisure.
Specialist groups will enjoy a gallery talk by one of the Museum's curators. Curator talks are available Monday-Friday, subject to availability and are charged at £60.00 per hour, please contact us for more information.
Barnard Castle is a short walk from the Museum, and groups with a relaxed itinerary will enjoy browsing the wide range of independent shops in this most attractive and historic market town.
To book your group visit, or for more information and some helpful local knowledge, please contact Rosie our friendly Groups Co-ordinator on 01833 694615 or email@example.com
“Our group thoroughly enjoyed Shoes:Pleasure and Pain and The English Rose paintings. I have recommended these exhibitions to others, I just think we are lucky to have such amazing shows in our area. Thank you Rosie once again for your help in organising our group visit."
Sandy, Wessington U3A
To find out how much other groups have enjoyed their visit to The Bowes Museum, please see more testimonials here.
* Please note that the benefits available on this page are not all available to school group visits. Please see the Education pages of this website for more information on what we can offer.