The Bowes Museum welcomes groups and coaches, and has a dedicated Groups Co-ordinator to help you plan a fantastic day out, designed especially for your group. Find the Groups Visits Leaflet here.
There are many advantages to booking in a group*, including:
- Discounted admission rate of £10.00 per person, for groups of 12 or more
- Free admission for your group organiser
- Free admission and a Café Bowes voucher for your coach driver
- Complimentary guided tour for your group
- Free coach parking on hard standing
- Free preview visit for you and a guest
Groups of 20 or more can also enjoy free exclusive use of the luxurious Jubilee Room, splendidly decorated with silks and a chandelier, and with views over the beautiful surrounding Teesdale countryside. Group dining is the most convenient way to make your visit special- please browse our delicious menu here. Groups are also welcome to visit Café Bowes at their leisure.
Specialist groups will enjoy a gallery talk by one of the Museum's curators. Curator talks are available Monday-Friday, subject to availability and are charged at £60.00 per hour, please contact us for more information.
Barnard Castle is a short walk from the Museum, and groups with a relaxed itinerary will enjoy browsing the wide range of independent shops in this most attractive and historic market town.
To book your group visit or for more information contact us on 01833 690606 or email>
For other local attractions and itinerary ideas please visit Discover Durham>
“Bowes was the highlight of this year’s programme, and I cannot thank you enough for the careful attention and prior planning you put into making the visit a success. All the guides were fantastic, and the two French speaking ones were especially appreciated, they made such a big contribution to the way our French guests enjoyed their visit. Please pass on our appreciation to all the staff that work hard to keep this fantastic altruistic monument safe and a joy to visit.”
Margaret James -Barber, Chair, Kellets Town Twinning Association
To find out how much other groups have enjoyed their visit to The Bowes Museum, please see more testimonials here.
* Please note that the benefits available on this page are not all available to school group visits. Please see the Learn pages of this website for more information on what we can offer school groups.